News & Updates
Please select a year to view Gaedeke Group news & press.
Arizona Military Office signs New Site Lease
March 22, 2011
by J. Craig Anderson
Mar. 22, 2011
The office where Arizona applicants for all branches of the U.S. military are evaluated and accepted into selective service is moving uptown from its home of 13 years near Washington and First streets in central Phoenix.
The Phoenix Military Entrance Processing Station, currently at 1 N. First St., has signed a 10-year lease for nearly 30,000 square feet inside the 21-story 2800 Tower, 2800 N. Central Ave., just south of Thomas Road in Phoenix.
Just as many businesses have done in recent years, the U.S. General Services Administration, which makes administrative decisions for the processing center, is taking advantage of the Phoenix office market's high vacancy and low lease rates, said Jim Achen Jr., senior vice president at real-estate-services firm Transwestern.
Achen's firm brokered the lease transaction.
Achen said the administration's priorities for the processing center's new location included finding a site that was owned outright by its landlord and would not be subject to a potential foreclosure. The 2800 Tower, built by now-defunct Phoenix developer Opus West, was purchased 10 years ago by current owner and operator Gaedeke Group, based in Dallas, which paid Cmdr. Alex Ortiz of the Military Entrance Processing Station said the anticipated move, to be completed in the fourth quarter, would not affect the facility's function or purpose.
Reach the reporter at email@example.com or 602-444-8681.
- Dallas building owners editing out ’80s styles
- Luks, Santaniello Law Firm, Tetra Tech Expand into Museum Tower
- Del Frisco’s Grille Coming to One McKinney Plaza
- Dallas News - Del Frisco’s heads Uptown with McKinney Avenue lease
- One McKinney Plaza goes Modern
- University of Phoenix expands Nashville campus
- Arizona Military Office signs New Site Lease
- GSA leases new office space in Phoenix
- GSA Leases New Office Space in Phoenix
- Gaedeke Gets Green