News & Updates
Please select a year to view Gaedeke Group news & press.
Gaedeke Group ready to break ground on West Plano office tower
May 26, 2015
By Steve Brown
Developers are ready to break ground on the next addition to the huge Legacy West project in West Plano.
Construction will start in about 60 days on a 14-story office tower to be built by Gaedeke Group.
The 327,856-square-foot One Legacy West office project will be constructed at the southeast corner of State Highway 121 and Legacy Drive, right across the street from where Toyota’s new headquarters is going up.
The concrete-and-glass tower is one of two buildings Gaedeke Group plans on the 11-acre building site it purchased earlier this year.
The property is located between the offices under construction for Toyota, FedEx Office and Liberty Mutual Insurance.
The high-rise will be Gaedeke’s first ground-up development project in North Texas. The company has renovated existing buildings here and built office space in other markets.
“We are currently doing a major building remodel in Oak Lawn,” said Sabine Gaedeke Stener, CEO of the Dallas-based investment firm.
She said her company identified the Legacy West development as where it wants to build.
“There are going to be a lot of people who want to do business with Toyota and the other firms up here,” Stener said. “All of a sudden this is a market that competes on a world stage.
“We wanted to be part of this.”
Gaedeke Group hired Morrison Dilworth + Walls of Dallas as the architect. Austin Commercial will be the general contractor and Andres Construction will be the construction manager.
The office tower will have a white marble lobby and will be surrounded by a reflecting pool. The building will adjoin a six-level parking garage. A conference center, fitness center and tenant lounge are planned.
“We’ve already had a lot of inquiries and are talking to some potential tenants,” said Belinda Dabliz, Gaedeke Group’s vice president of leasing. “We are excited to be in such close proximity to Toyota, FedEx and Liberty Mutual.”
Dabliz said the second tower planned in Gaedeke’s Legacy West project would be at the east end of the property.
“We have the ability to build two buildings that would mirror each other, or the second building could be larger,” she said.
When Gaedeke Group’s project starts, more than $1 billion of development will be underway in the 240-acre Legacy West mixed-use development located at the southwest corner of State Highway 121 and the Dallas North Tollway.
Toyota has almost doubled the size of its $350 million headquarters project from the original size. The 2.1 million-square-foot office campus that will house the company’s North American headquarters is being built at the southwest corner of Legacy Drive and S.H. 121.
Toyota’s headquarters will open in 2017.
Developer KDC recently disclosed details of the $325 million Liberty Mutual Insurance office campus.
The commercial builder has filed plans with the City of Plano to construct two 20-story towers with more than 1 million square feet of space on the west side of the Dallas North Tollway at Headquarters Drive.
The twin towers would be connected by a 4,500-car parking garage in back and retail on the lower levels.
Construction is also underway on the $400 million Legacy West urban village, which includes a shopping center, office space, apartments and a luxury hotel.
Legacy West is being developed by Karahan Cos., KDC, Columbus Realty and J.C. Penney.
- Current Office Development = Drop in the Bucket
- Gaedeke Rechristens Espirito Santo
- Gaedeke Holdings XII Rechristens Miami Landmark To Brickell Arch – The Gateway to the Americas
- Sneak peek at how Plano’s Legacy West will look in a few years
- Trophy Office Goes to Dallas Buyer
- Gaedeke Acquires Espirito Santo Plaza In Miami's Financial District
- City of Plano - One Legacy West Groundbreaking Video
- Gaedeke Celebrates One Legacy West Groundbreaking
- Plano breaks ground on One Legacy West high rise
- Officials Announce Plano Office Building Construction
- Groundbreaking this morning for Legacy West office tower
- Gaedeke Group readies to break ground on Legacy West office tower
- Gaedeke Group unveils One Legacy West plans
- Gaedeke Group Unveils Design for 327,856 SF One Legacy West in Metro Dallas
- Gaedeke Group ready to break ground on West Plano office tower
- Dallas' Gaedeke Group to start new office building near Toyota's campus
- Gaedeke Group Plans Office Tower in Legacy West
- Plano’s $2 billion Legacy West project gets another player with office tower plans
- Stearns Weaver Signs Bigger 10-Year Lease in Miami
- Stearns Weaver Miller expands Miami office to 110,000 SF
- Gaedeke Gets Green