News & Updates
Please select a year to view Gaedeke Group news & press.
One McKinney Plaza Recognized for New Look
April 26, 2012
The 263,921 square foot One McKinney Plaza, now LEED certified and Energy Star rated, has been named the best Rehabilitation Deal of the Year in Dallas/Fort Worth by the Dallas Business Journal.
Building owner Gaedeke Group LLC brought One McKinney Plaza into the 21st century, investing more than $6 million on a redesign.
Exterior changes incorporated a "visor element" into the façade, which more closely ties the building to its location - the corner of McKinney Avenue and Hall Street, where business, residential and retail/restaurants converge at one of Uptown's trolley stops. Traditional office space was transitioned to upscale restaurant space on the first and second levels and a former Bally Health Club lap pool was converted to a social green space for tenants.
The redesign by Donald R. Powell, AIA, principal of BOKA Powell, is responsible for attracting Del Frisco's Grille, shortly after its inaugural opening in New York's Rockefeller Center, and also inspired the Halstin Group LLC to launch Private|Social in the remainder of the reserved restaurant space.
Post-renovation, the 248,489 sf of office space is 95% leased and the 15,432 sf of retail space is 85% leased.
Gaedeke acquired the 15-story One McKinney Plaza at 3232 McKinney Ave. in 1996. The 2011 renovation was more than an update of the building, completed in 1985.
The project team included Austin Commercial, general contractor; Pacheco Koch, civil engineering; Parkin, Perkins, Olsen Consulting Engineers Inc., structural engineering; Carlos Martinez, MasterPlan;
Christopher Russell Landscape Architecture; and Newman, Jackson,
Bieberstein Landscape Architects, the pool deck conversion.
One McKinney Plaza wins Rehabilitation/Re-use Deal of the Year
- Gaedeke Gets Green
- Forest Ridge Plaza Gaining New Headquarters Tenant
- Carl Domino Inc. Relocates to Northbridge Centre
- 50 Shades of Clean
- Phoenix Office Tower Earns LEED® for Existing Building – Operations and Maintenance certification
- City Biz: LEED-EB for 1310 G Street
- Gaedeke Group Making Upgrades to Oak Lawn Plaza
- Oak Lawn Plaza to get $250,000 in upgrades
- Gaedeke Earns BOMA 360 Awards for Office Properties in 4 Metros
- One McKinney Plaza wins Rehabilitation/Re-use Deal of the Year
- One McKinney Plaza Recognized for New Look
- Gaedeke Group Fills 42,346 SF at Richland Corporate Centre
- The Top Commercial Real Estate Pros in Dallas-Fort Worth
- Seven HQ Decisions Highlight Gaedeke's 10-Deal, End-of-Year Surge